Green auditing has been globally acknowledged as faction of the strategy of saving the planet from corporate pollution and therefore keeping it green. The majority of people in Egypt participate in one way or another in ensuring that the environment is pollution free. Saving the globe can be extended to the corporate world or rather the productions companies by carrying out green auditing on them and therefore make the world green. This project is mainly about green auditing and its viability of implementation in Egypt (White, 2010).
Purpose of study
The major purpose of the research is to illustrate the practicality of realizing green auditing in Egypt and it involves sampling some companies and inspecting them to evaluate its overall environmental impact due to its activities of operation. The study additionally will assess the benefits and effects of such an initiative to the environment, local community, as well as the global outlook at large. Moreover, the research seeks to establish the diverse responses from the local community and also the society’s reaction to such like information (Green Auditing | GreenBiz.com, 2003).
- What aspects ought to be investigated as viable options during the implementation of the green auditing project?
- How viable is the implementation of green auditing in Egypt?
- What will be the short and long term effects of environmental pollution to the local communities, the country, and the whole world in general?
- What are the possible effects of green auditing implementation to the business community in the country, and also to the community and country in general?
- How can the rest of the corporate companies in the country adapt to the application of green auditing?
The Green Audit organization was founded to carry out environmental consultancy and moreover evaluate and monitor the performance of organizations and companies whose actions may threaten the entire environment as well as the health of the people (Green Audit, n.d.)). The government of Egypt has been on the forefront on the implementation of environmental policies aimed at making the country green and pollution free. Therefore with the support of the government as well as the social organizations the implementation of green auditing in the country will be feasible.
Success or failure
Rationale for success includes;
- The government together with social organizations and the public in general want a green or rather a clean and healthy environment.
- The green audit helps companies and organizations in minimizing costs as well as boosting revenues.
- Globally, the whole population knows the essentiality of a green environment therefore this initiative would attract both internal and also external donors.
Rationale for failure consists of;
- The negative response from some companies and organizations by refusing to collaborate with the green auditing project.
- The current political unrest in the country can make it hard to implement the green auditing initiative.
Several qualitative queries will be posed to the general public, and even to the companies and responded using conventional qualitative methods. Then qualitative information will materialize from experimental instances in interactions through different companies, organizations and the general public and also by employing recorded interviews as well as questionnaires. Extensively written questionnaires regarding the effects of pollution and the benefits of carrying out green auditing and moreover recorded interviews pertaining how the public thinks this initiative can be realized will be employed in asking a range of open-ended queries that will present permission for variations. Nevertheless, a variety of statistics will be documented to verify whether the undertaking will be achievable or a total failure. Applying cultural anthropology is definitely the best approach towards succeeding in the implementation of the green audit initiative since will enlighten on the country’s economies, technologies, ideas, values, as well as practices so as to go in line with the public’s portfolio (Cultural Anthropology, 2000).
Usefulness of employing cultural anthropology
The aspect of cultural anthropology is quite significant since it helps in understanding the approaches needed to be taken so as to ensure that the green auditing project in Egypt becomes a success. Egypt has its human culture towards religion, politics, and even social structure and any information towards the above aspects concerning the community and the country at large will be useful in assisting the initiative to success. For that reason, its vital to gather the whole lot of information and assess which might hinder or even support in conserving the environment and more so on the implementation of the green auditing in the country.
The results of this research will have propositions for other countries which have been trying to enact and implement environmental policies and corporate responsibility and go further in establishing green auditing agencies to help in exposing the organizations and companies which are making the environment inhabitable (Steve, 2011).