Use discount code: LoveMyDaddy and get 19% OFF your order! Hurry up! Get your Father’s Day Gift from ExclusivePapers.com!
Our life is invaluable; however, majority of people do not pay attention to their health. Family members love their husbands, fathers, grandfathers; therefore, they do their best to preserve their health and try persuading them to undergo the analyses. Considering the fact prostate cancer is a very serious condition it is important to take care of individual’s health and necessary to take PSA test or a digital rectal exam (DRE) in order to ensure possible illness.
Buy PSA Tests: Taking the Regular PSA Test or Not essay paper online
“Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) is a protein produced by cells of the prostate gland. The PSA test measures the level of PSA in the blood. The doctor takes a blood sample, and the amount of PSA is measured in a laboratory”. (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 1)
“Digital rectal exam (DRE) also helps detect prostate cancer in men 50 years of age or older. During a DRE, a doctor inserts a gloved finger into the rectum and feels the prostate gland through the rectal wall to check for bumps or abnormal areas”. (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 1)
PSA level often depends on the age of patient and the health of his prostate. A raised level of PSA may serve as indicate that patient has prostate cancer. However, it may be other condition like urinary infection, which also can cause the high level of PSA. As a result some experts argue on the topic if the PSA test is so useful. Plus, multiple researches were conducted to prove the applicability of PSA tests since there is no clear answer and no right or wrong answer on this question. From these two methods of analyses men usually prefer PSA test since PSA test is easier to conduct and less painful for the male.
There are pros and cons of PSA tests. The benefits and limitations of this type of tests are given below.
- Test can prove that you are healthy.
- It can be a sign of cancer before symptoms will appear or to find cancer on its early stage when fast cure could be very useful.
- Even if the cancer is not on early stage and curing is not very successful, in any case it will prolong your life.
- If treatment is successful all possible problems and outcomes are avoided.
- Test can miss cancer.
- May lead to additional concern.
- Test can’t determine the difference in speed of cancer growing.
- Finding a slow growing form of cancer can make you worry very much and those worries can shorten your life.
- Little percentage of saved lives even under on condition that a big amount of men will get this test (Rosario et al. 779).
Having analyzed all the pros and cons of PSA testing, I can say that it is not dangerous and rather comfortable way to avoid disease in case of it’s spreading in your body.
If I had such situation in my own family, I would definitely advice my husband to consult with doctor and to get PSA test. Of course, this test might not be very reliable and my spouse would feel uncomfortable taking the test. However, deep in the soul he will feel it is the right decision.
On the other hand, being indifferent or careless could have negative consequences on people life. Therefore, being unsure about the condition of prostate should not be considered as forbidden question. Moreover, PSA test allows more accurate observation of prostate. Therefore, if the person feels that he needs to get PSA test or a digital rectal exam (DRE), taking the test is the best solution. It is better to be safe regarding the prostate than to feel sorry of not taking the test in time.
Related Free Review Essays
- Christopher Columbus
- Increase Federal Assistance for Medicaid or Not
- Mountaintop Removal Mining
- Left Brain vs. Right Brain: How Does This Impact Learning
- Understanding Peacekeeping
- Diversion and Probation
- A Human Body needs Energy
- Foundations of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Lou Holtz as a Leader
- The American Dream Analysis