Sometimes, it is complicated to stick to a developed schedule, but the following pieces of advice will teach you how to take advantage of your to-do list.
To-Do List Tips
- Incorporate three items: Must, Should, and Want. To remain efficient and sensible, kick off your to-do list with three points: something you are obliged to do (a noteworthy and urgent task), something you should do (that forwards your long-term objectives), and something you learn. It will help you balance your aims in the short and long run.
- Best productivity tools include a digital and paper to-do lists. It implies that an electronic schedule encompasses significant long-term goals while a paper one functions as a daily to-do list to stay concentrated.
- Apply the 1-3-5 Rule. For your routine, it is a bright idea to distinguish one paramount thing, three less important things, and five minor things you can manage during the day.
- Rewrite your to-do list. Keep in mind that planned tasks should be consistent with the assignments you require to do. It is better to reevaluate your commitments and improve your to-do list, taking into account the previous mistakes.
- Turn your plan into a narrative. Visualization of your to-do list into a story of the day both makes you determined and improves your memory. Additionally, by becoming more reasonable, you start feeling the sense of the day.
- Develop a low-energy to-do list. Undoubtedly, each of us likes to put off performing assignments. When you are not in a mood or feel that you have too little energy, incorporate some easy items, for instance, reading the latest news or cleaning your desk, in your to-do list.
- Exclude one item. Theabundance of assignments deprives us of rest, creativity, or just positive thinking. In case your to-do list is overburdened, it is a must to subtract at least one thing from your schedule.
- Include rewarding tasks. To stay self-motivated, it is a bright idea to develop a list or reward assignments. For instance, if you finish ten tasks, you will obtain an opportunity to take a nap.
- Stick to the two-list system of Warren Buffet. According to his advice, you have to create a list of 25 paramount things and then choose five of utmost importance. Ensure that your to-do list is consistent with the selected aims.
- Schedule your to-do list. For better performance of the tasks, it is recommended to have a fixed time for the assignments.